Monday, October 6, 2008

Poetry

I know that for most of you, it seems like I write poetry more than stories... that's somewhat true, but I've always had a bit more passion for my stories than my poems, even though I love both dearly.

Recently though, I've been participating in a poetry challenge on CleanPlace, the writers' forum I'm on, and discovering the joy of structured poetry. This is something I used to avoid, but now I'm seeing how it can add a ton to your poem.

So, I toyed around and created my own poetry form. The first poem I used writing it fell flat on its face, this one seemed to turn out better:



Falling

Falling, falling,
into this familiar place.
I’ve been here before,
have I not?

No longer am I
falling, falling,
into that familiar place.
I’d been there before.

I reach out a hand to help.
For no longer am I
falling, falling,
into that familiar place.

In gratitude, all I can do
is reach out a hand to help.
For no longer am I
falling, falling.

Have I not
been there before?
in tha
t familiar place,
falling, falling?

1 comment:

Kelly said...

Share your other one too!!