Friday, September 26, 2008

Pet Topic / "Teenage Bones"

Remember my post, "A Thousand Options", from mid-May? Well, even if you don't, that's OK. I mentioned that "I could write about a topic that keeps appearing here and there that I don't think I've written about on this blog. Odd, I haven't? Hmm... Maybe I'll have to fix that because it's a pet topic of mine."

A pet topic of mine...Very true. Something I've considered writing about here many times. But the more I think about it, and the more I try, the more I decide that no, I'm not going to. At least not now. Why? Because I want to do the topic justice, and I currently don't feel I can. Not in writing, that is.

Thought you were finally gonna hear about it? Well, sorry. If you ever wanna ask me in person what my "pet topic" is, feel free. ;)


On to other things:

Don't you just love breaking the norms?

There's this park day thing going on every friday afternoon. It's where some homeschooling moms and kids get together to (respectively) talk and play. I went last week, and there was one other teenager with two friends of hers. ...Actually, that's a lie. There were a couple other teenagers, but young ones (like my 13 year old sister) that played with the kids. ...Anyways, I knew that this time there may or may not be anybody there. Then I found out that my siblings weren't going, (Camila wasn't done with school, Daniel didn't want to) so if I went, Mom would drop me off and leave.

Notice something about that? ...What teenager specifically asks her mom to take her to the park where a ton of kids are playing and the only person to hang out with would be somebody who she's only seen a couple times? Well, evidentially this one does.

So, despite the fact that every "teenage" bone in my body was saying I'm a fool, I went. :P With the reassurance that if nobody was there to hang out with I'd just go back home with Mom. But what kind of choice did I have? I could either stay home and be harassed by my siblings, or go and be potentially bored...Hmm.... easy choice for me.

Well, I went, and then went straight into the normal teenager habit which satisfied those screaming bones; I walked away from all the "homeschool mamas" with my friend and sat talking with her for the next two hours. She did bring games, but hey, why play with those when you can talk? ;)

No comments: