Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jackpot

Monday and Tuesday were spent shopping. I abhore shopping. Yet I did it anyways, because I have to. When I go to Hong Kong I can't wear jeans, because they'll be too hot. It's extremely hot and humid there. Jeans are my main choice of wear. Which meant I needed clothes.

So we shopped. According to the to bring list, I need 2-3 pairs of capris, 3 shorts, and two pairs of preformance pants/capris. None of which I had. Mom and I had been going from store to store and finding nothing that worked. We found some at Old Navy, but I don't like them. They're tolerable, but that's it.

Our last stop yesterday was Burlington Coat Factory, and as I was going through I started finding these pants, capris, and shorts that all looked like they'd work. And they were all by the same company. Sure enough, they fit great, and on top of that were at great prices. So we bought them, and now I can breathe freely knowing I don't have to go shopping again. =) I'll have to make some Walmart runs, but those don't really count since it won't be for clothes.

I now understand what Mom has said in the past. It seems that God provides just what we need, when we need it for these trips. I needed these pants, and we found them. The lack of good pants/capris/shorts had been seriously worrying me, but then we found them all at once! I'm in awe. I also love the shorts best, which surprised me, since I don't normally like shorts. But I like these ones.

My plane leaves in four days! Wow.

3 comments:

Sarah Jo said...

Four days! Excitign!
live for all its worth (both here and there)! :-)

Sarah Jo said...

my spelling isn't very exciting though :-/

Cassie said...

Yay Mary!!! I feel your excitement :) It's so great that God gave you just what you needed...He's always doing that for me too, even when I forget that He's going to or that I asked Him.

Love ya...have a great trip. I can't wait to read your email updates...(there WILL be email updates, right?)