Monday, April 2, 2007

Wandering or Following?

Wandering or Following?

That's a question that came to mind as I was thinking up of a title for this blog. Am I wandering or following?

Here's a poem I wrote awhile back that is the main thing that inspired this thought.


Wandering

I’m wandering, wandering...
Through this world where I live
I’m wandering, wandering...
Wondering which ground to take or give

I’m wandering, wandering...
Trying to find where to go
I’m wandering, wandering...
As I struggle to find the day

I’m wandering, wandering...
I find I need a guide
I’m wandering, wandering...
I need someone by my side

I’m wandering, wandering...
I need one who knows each pit and fall
I’m wandering, wandering...
Need one to help me through it all

I’m wandering, wandering...
I look for a guide but none I see
I’m wandering, wandering...
But then Christ calls to me

I’m following, following...
Through this world where I don’t belong
I’m following, following...
He is there to help me on this journey long

...

These past few weeks I've been wandering. Trying to find my own way through this world, not His. I realized that yesterday during worship, we were singing "Prince of Peace", and we came to the part "You're my Prince of Peace/And I will live my life for You". There's such a major difference between living our lives for ourself, and living it for Him.


So, I know that living my life for him is what I should do, but that still leaves the question--Will I?

I can say "Okay, Lord, I'm going to live my life for you now." But that's all I'm doing, I'm saying. The question comes after I say that, it's what will I do. What will my actions say? What will my inner thoughts say? What will my talks with others say?

I really don't know the answer to that question.

I'm wandering... A guide has offered to help me, will I let Him lead?

No comments: